The Chamber has several committees that members can join! Our business and advocacy focused committees work hard addressing issues that affect the most current needs of the community, while our event committees are instrumental in the planning and implementation of our annual programs. No matter what your interests are, there is a committee for you! Participation on these committees allows members to better get to know one another while increasing their network of contacts. Plus, committee members are often recognized in event programs, as well as media releases and newsletters! Become more involved and engaged in your Chamber membership by becoming active in a committee today!
To join one of these committees, fill our our committee preference form and return it to the Chamber.
- Annual Gala: Committee meets to coordinate the Chamber's longest running program. Together with Chamber staff, this committee works on theme, decorations, attendance and sponsors for the biggest event of the year.
- Building Awards: Committee is responsible for picking honorees for this distinguished program, judging entries, seeking journal ads and sponsorships.
- Economic Development: The Economic Development Committee determines opportunities for private businesses to spur development and economic growth on Staten Island, including collecting and sharing information about economic development and transportation projects affecting our community.
- Education: The mission of the education committee is to be a leader in facilitating business education on Staten Island. It provides quality information and training programs to business owners, professionals and organizations.
- Golf Outing: This event committee meets to plan our Richard B. Irwin Memorial Golf Outing every spring! The day's agenda includes a golf scramble, deluxe food and fantastic raffle prizes.
- Lou Miller Business Leadership Awards: Committee members have the prestigious honor of selecting recipients for the Louis R. Miller Business Leadership Award.
- Marketing: This Marketing Committee of the Chamber develops high-quality promotional materials, strategies, tools and tactics to market the Chamber and its programs, events and member driven initiatives.
- Membership: The Membership Council provides outreach to members to assist with retenton efforts and stay in touch with how member businesses are doing. The focus of the council is reaching out to existing members to reinforce Chamber value. The Council is also charged with formulating strategies to attract new members from various industries in conjunction with the Chamber's Marketing Strategy.
- Safety & Security: The Safety and Security Committee meets to select the winner of the prestigious Police Officer of the Year Award. In 2012, this committee will be exploring ways to educate the business community on safey and security topics related to running a business on Staten Island.
- Small Business: The Small Business Committee identifies legislative issues that affect small businesses, educates membership about the impact of the legislation on small businesses, advocates actively before government on behalf of small businesses, and organizes small businesses to support/oppose specific legislation.